MPhil by Research
How to apply
- Before applying, contact research groups working in areas you’re interested in.
- Attach a CV and explain why you want to study with them. Some research groups also post details on available projects.
- After identifying a supervisor who agrees to host you for an MPhil, apply formally using the Applicant Portal.
More information about the requirements and admission process can be found in the course directory for the MPhil in Medical Science (Clinical Biochemistry).
Applications without a predetermined supervisor will not be considered.
Use the Cambridge Funding Search to find out which type of funding you might be eligible for, and how and when to apply.
Funding applications are done through the funding section of the postgraduate application form via the Applicant Portal.
Check the University’s Graduate Admissions website for most up-to-date information.
We encourage you to specifically consider the following funding schemes and learn more through their website.
- The Cambridge Trust
- The Cambridge Home and EU Scholarship Scheme (CHESS) PhD Awards (UK and EU)
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship (non-UK)
- Cambridge Australia Scholarships
- Cambridge Trust Scholarships available for African applicants
Some funding schemes require additional forms to be uploaded during the application.
Please note, the deadlines for funding applications may be different to the course funding deadline.
The MPhil by research can also be self-funded. Check finance requirements here.
For general enquiries, please contact our postgraduate administrator: Elizabeth MacRae (em430 at medschl.cam.ac.uk)