The MRL Core Facilities ensure that all our researchers have access to the highest quality scientific facilities, support and training they need to develop and enhance their research.
The MRL includes the following Core Facilities
- Biochemistry Assay Lab (CBAL)
- Bioinformatics and Biostatistics (BIO2)
- Core Metabolomics and Lipidomics Laboratory (CMALL)
- Disease Model Core (DMC)
- Genome Engineering Core
- Genomics and Transcriptomics Core (GTC), including Bioinformatics support
- Histopathology Core
- Imaging Core
- Peptidomics and Proteomics Core Facility (joint with CIMR)
- Translational Research Facilities (TRF)
These are led and staffed by scientists with expertise and experience, and are funded by our Wellcome Trust Strategic Award and the MRC Metabolic Diseases Unit. See the links for more information on individual Core Facilities and how they contribute to the work of scientists at the IMS-MRL.