IMS-MRL seminars are primarily for staff and invited guests. External events open to a wider audience are included where appropriate.
NB: During the Covid-19 pandemic we are running the IMS-MRL Tuesday seminar series online via Zoom. Please check the events calendar for details.
The IMS-MRL seminar series: taking place weekly during term time, with occasional seminars from visiting scientists.
- External Research Seminars (on Tuesdays at 1.15pm – invited audience only); – sponsored by Astra Zeneca
- Internal ‘Research in Progress’ Seminars (on Tuesday at 1.15pm -staff only)
- Internal ‘Hot Topics’ Sessions (on Thursday at 2.30pm; for 1st year PhD and post-graduate students)
- Mastering Academic Excellence in Metabolic Medicine (MAXIM), sponsored by Eli Lilly. (on Fridays at 1.15pm; sandwiches available from 1.00pm)
The Association for the Study of Obesity – Early Career Researcher Event
September 6 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Early Career Researcher event
6 September 2022 at Lancaster University
The event takes place ahead of the UK Congress and includes career progression talks from academia and industry perspectives, oral and poster presentation opportunities and workshops on relevant transferrable skills.
Open to ECR who are members of ASO and who have submitted an abstract already to the UK Congress.
Benefits to attendees:
- Free pre-conference event for ECRs
- Includes two free nights’ accommodation
- A chance to present your work-in-progress and obtain feedback (3 speakers will be selected)
- A chance to present a work-in-progress poster at UKCO (in addition to the work you are already presenting at UKCO), which will be part of the guided poster tour (optional)
- A chance to win “Best Presenter” award, which includes complimentary registration to UKCO 2023; award will be announced at UKCO
- Be the first to sign up to ASO’s new mentoring scheme which will link up senior ASO members with ECRs
Registration has been extended until 25th July 2022, 5pm