Our International Scientific Advisory Board visits the MRL every other year to attend the Away Day and meet with key individuals to assess and advise on overall strategy for the MRL and MRC Metabolic Diseases Unit, on general progress and recruiting. The 1st SAB meeting took place in November 2014. The next visit will be in 2016.
Current SAB members:
- Professor Des Johnston (Chair)
Professor Jens Bruening, Director, Max Planck Institute for Metabolism Research
- Professor Barbara Cannon, Wenner-Gren Institute and University of Stockholm. Member of the Swedish Academy of Sciences.
- Dr Alex Gould, FMedSci, The Francis Crick Institute
- Professor Jens Holst, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
- Dr Alan Schafer, Biotechnology Consultant
- Professor Rudy Zechner, University of Graz, Austria. Member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences