The mission of the Histopathology Core Facility is to offer high quality technical histology, interpretive pathology and necropsy services to support murine and other pre-clinical research models.
Histopathology, together with the Disease Model Core, Biochemistry Assay Lab and Imaging Core make the IMS-MRL one of only a few academic institutions in the UK capable of offering a complete phenotyping service for murine models of disease.
- Study design and optimisation relevant to histological end points.
- Advice and assistance on collection, trimming, sectioning and staining of fixed and frozen tissue.
- Processing of fixed tissue to wax block.
- Tissue freezing and OCT block creation.
- Microtomy and cryotomy.
- Haematoxylin and eosin staining.
- Special stains.
- Immunohistochemistry/fluorescence optimisation and staining (routine and novel markers).
- In situ hybridisation (RNAscope).
- IHC/RNAscope co-staining.
- Training and supervision (theory, methods, necropsy, equipment, safety etc.).
- One-to-one slide review; pathology/morphology teaching
- Development of protocols for pathology endpoints
- Quantitative analysis of pathological findings; preparation of images for publication
To discuss any of our services please contact us using the link on the right.