The mission of the Histopathology Core Facility is to offer IMS-MRL investigators high quality technical histology, interpretive pathology and necropsy services to support murine and other pre-clinical research models.
Histopathology, together with the Disease Model Core, Biochemistry Assay Lab and Imaging Core make the IMS-MRL one of only a few academic institutions in the UK capable of offering a complete phenotyping service for murine models of disease.
- Study design and optimisation relevant to histological end points
- Advice/assistance on collection, trimming, sectioning and staining of fixed and frozen tissue
- Tissue processing and embedding
- Freezing of blocks in OCT
- Microtomy and cryotomy
- Haematoxylin & eosin staining; special stains
- Immunohistochemistry/fluorescence optimisation and staining (routine and novel markers)
- Training and supervision (theories, methods, necropsy, equipment, safety etc.)
- One-to-one slide review; pathology/morphology teaching
- Development of protocols for pathology endpoints
- Quantitative analysis of pathological findings; preparation of images for publication
To discuss any of our services please contact us using the link on the right.