The Histology Core Facility provides services in histology and interpretive pathology. The core offers tissue processing, slide preparation from paraffin-embedded and frozen tissues, routine and specialised histological staining, and interpretation of slides.
Technical services offered:
- Advice and assistance on collection, trimming and sectioning of fixed and frozen tissue.
- Freezing of blocks in OCT.
- Tissue processing and embedding.
- H&E and special stains.
- Immunohistochemistry for both routine and novel markers.
- APO-BRDU immunohistochemistry for apoptosis.
- Histology training (theories, methods, equipment, safety etc.)
Interpretive pathology services offered:
One-to-one slide review.
- Semi-quantitation and analysis of pathological findings.
- Development of protocols for pathology endpoints.
- Advice on selection, fixing and processing of tissues.
- Preparation of images for publication.
- Morphometry training.
To discuss our technical services, please contact James Warner. To discuss our interpretive pathology services, please contact Dr Betania Mahler-Araujo. If there is something not on the list that you would like to discuss, please get in touch to see if we can help.